Cort S 2900 - Specifications Update



I did a post about this one a while ago (http://bartbowlesblog.blogspot.co.at/2010/03/one-word-great.html) knowing close to nothing about the model's name and its specifications.

Recently I stumbled upon some detailed information and I'm quite positive that the description fits my particular instrument.

Part of the Cort Sterling series, the S2900 was made in Korea from 1999 to 2000 as a variant of the Cort S2500 model, only difference being the quilted maple top on the arched alder body.




Mine's got a red sunburst finish.




Sperzel Trim-lok tuners and a Wilkinson VS50K Tremolo.
1 Volume and 1 tone control with a 5 - way selector switch.




It has a bolt - on maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard and the scale length is 25.5 inches.




It comes equipped with 2 Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pickups and 1 Seymour Duncan TB - 4 Jeff Beck Trembucker in the bridge position.




So finally I am able to put a name to one of my favourite instruments.



3 comments:

  1. I've owned one of these for years and agree with you that it's a great guitar, especially given the price I paid for it way back when. Like yours, my Cort also has the upturned headstock which is the mirror image of most of the S2900s I found on the net. Having said that, there don't seem to be many, it almost feels as though it's some kind of limited edition.

    I also stumbled on more detailed info yesterday (perhaps the same site as you) because I too was curious about the actual model number that I had. There's no mention of the model on the guitar itself and I don't think you can't work it out from the serial number.

    There's one other interesting feature of the guitar which neither you nor that site mentioned so perhaps you're not aware of it as it's kind of hidden... the tone control knob pops up if you pull it out. I know that this affects the humbucker in some way though I'm not sure exactly how, perhaps it turns off one of the coils, effectively turning it into a third single coil pickup? If you didn't know about this feature then just give it a try! And let me know what you reckon this switch is actually doing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again, just felt I wanted to add to my last comment which I guess you chose not to include and understandably so... I just followed back the link to your previous Cort/S2900 post and saw that you did clearly mention the splittable humbucker so you know all about the tone control. My bad, I didn't intend to preach to the choir :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, Eric. I know I'm kind of slow in response lately, I hope this will change soon. Always happy to hear people's thoughts, so thank you again.

      Delete